Our client has an opening for a Sales Professional! Filling in Chicago, IL ; Des Moines, IA; Dallas, TX
We’d like to get to know you. Can you:
Identify, qualify and sell new client engagements across wealth solution portfolio offerings, to target organizations in the 300 – 5,000 life market to achieve or exceed annual produced revenue goal (revenue from a sold engagement), focusing on:
- Client engagements that provide:
- Annuity revenue over a defined multi-year contract period
- Ongoing consulting work within a specific line of business over a period of time, according to a pre-agreed goal within an agreed time period
- One-time projects representing a finite revenue opportunity
- Multi-year engagements and one-time projects for other Mercer lines of business (Career)
Achieve stated growth sales/growth goals by:
- Building effective and collaborative relationships with the key decision-makers within the target organizations
- Driving broad-based needs analysis within target organizations across the Health-Wealth-Career solution spectrum to identify potential opportunities for Mercer solutions
- Developing compelling client value propositions and business cases for Mercer solutions
- Participating in sales demonstrations of Mercer proprietary products
- Conducting a minimum number of face to face meetings with prospects
- Organizing and executing a multi-faceted sales plan such as direct prospect outreach, demand generation follow-up, direct marketing campaign optimization, etc. to effectively make direct contact with prospects.
- Participating in professional organizations and informal networks to develop, build and sustain a network to obtain prospects, as well as utilizing Mercer’s prospect database to identify and research potential organizations
- Work with Marketing & Sales leadership to organizing and execute marketing seminars and roundtables in order to identify and engage targets and build the Mercer brand in the marketplace
- Maintaining an adequate and transparent pipeline to ensure revenue targets are met
- Understanding the short and long-term needs and challenges of targets and how the Mercer Value proposition and industry best practices can solve their problems, improve their competitive position and move their business forward .
Click here to apply directly
Be proficient in and a champion of tools and processes, sales effectiveness techniques and best practices such as Asking Effective Questions/Helping Clients Succeed, Miller Heiman Strategic and Conceptual Selling , and entering & maintaining accurate account, contact and opportunity data in salesforce automation/CRM solution. Mentor more junior level Sales Professionals, and advise on cross-LOB sales processes as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Eight or more years of relevant sales experience and/or industry experience required.
- Proven track record of consistently achieving or exceeding annual sales targets selling to new accounts
- Successful business to business sales experience (professional services preferred)
Knowledge and skills
- Successful experience selling to executive/senior level employees
- Ability to work both independently (initiate/qualify prospects) and as a member of a team (developing proposed solutions)
- Strong consultative sales and solution selling skills. Expert listening and needs analysis/diagnosis skills. Ability to translate client challenges/pain points into solutions and compelling value messages.
- Extensive communications skills (written, verbal and presentation skills)
- Very Strong organization and time management capabilities
- Ability to learn, understand and champion Mercer sales processes (Miller Heiman), sales campaigns, and tools (including M-Drive)
- Demonstrate appropriate and professional conduct and appearance at all times
- Ability to learn, understand and apply the Mercer value proposition
- Ability to learn and understand Mercer’s business and other lines of business within the company
- Ability to quickly learn and develop understanding of multiple industries.
- Ability to engage in client-focused critical thinking
- Required to obtain and maintain appropriate licenses, as required by Mercer policies and State/local regulations
*In your cover letter, please tell us why you think you’re a fit for this position.
Elaborate on any experience in HRIS , Benefits , or HR Outsourcing space. Your attention to detail will not be overlooked.*