NOW HIRING a Network Engineer to lead the design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of our data/voice networks and network infrastructure, including the administration and configuration of Altra’s switches, routers, Wi-Fi, VPNs, and firewalls. This position requires an expert level knowledge of networking along with a solid grasp of information technology as a whole, capable of bridging requirements between diverse sets of business and IT stakeholders, while always ensuring security, performance, and availability best practices are considered. The ideal candidate will balance traditional network management concepts with developing a vision toward future next gen designs that position the credit union for continued growth, and promote the best possible experience for our members.
- A two year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study is required.
- A minimum of three to five years of proven work experience leading network design, including implementation of network infrastructure and managing multi-site local and wide area networks.
- Must possess experience as a hands-on practitioner capable of architecting robust networks, performing device configurations, and troubleshooting complex issues.
- The candidate must possess an in-depth knowledge of network topologies, routing protocols, and advanced security principles.
- Experience in capacity planning, disaster recovery, creating network diagrams, developing standards, and assisting in budgets is also a must.
- CCNA or CCNP designation is a definite plus.
- Working knowledge of other tiers within the technology stack, such as Microsoft and/or Linux operating systems, VMware, or Citrix is a plus.
Qualified candidates will have the ability to perform detailed work in an organized, self-motivated, and accurate manner to meet multiple deadlines. Must be discrete with confidential and sensitive information and must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written and be a creative thinker with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Network design, network infrastructure, network topologies, routing protocols, capacity planning, disaster recovery, CCNA or CCNP, VMware, Citrix, Cisco
The Network Engineer will manage 380 terminals – operations center, disaster recovery, branch locations, the entire internal network
Experience is preferred over Bachelors Degree. Must have strong networking experience.
Must have experience with:
- HP – switches
Cisco certifications strongly desired
The candidate would need to be available 24/7 to troubleshoot problems