About our client:
We are in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
The purpose of this position is to manage all aspects of prospect development from pre-sale through close. This includes developing referral sources, identifying new clients that match the business client profile, and ensuring a consistent flow of new revenue for the practice.
At a glance:
- Job title:Sales Professional
- Job type:Full Time
- Job function:Sales
- Experience level:Mid-senior
- Education level:Bachelor’s degree
- Job classification:Professionals
- Compensation:100K-125K + uncapped commissions and up to 40% bridge the first year for the right candidate.
- Location:Washington, DC
- Zip code:20001
- Skills:Proven time management skills to manage multiple priorities and deliver timely and accurate work., Must demonstrate strong active listening and follow-up skills., Experience in health and benefits solution for mid-sized and large companies, Experience in selling to the HR space, Experience selling to CFO and business leaders
- Experience required:10 Years
- Relocation assistance:No
- Visa requirement:Only US citizens and Greencard holders
- Number of positions:2
Click here to apply directly
This position handles large, complex, and high volume accounts, and focuses activity on specific targets. Requires advanced sales training to compete within the industry. Possesses long term, multi-year sales and revenue goals. Identifies additional opportunities to cross-sell products. Proficient in all lines of business. Acts as a mentor and provides feedback to other sales professionals.
- Identifies and actively pursues potential new business opportunities.
- Leads the coordination of organizational resources necessary to drive a sale to completion.
- Identifies potential referral sources and develops relationships through personal contact and presentation of the practice’s resources.
- Qualifies prospects based on practice’s guidelines for new business.
- Identifies external and internal referral sources and partners closely with those sources.
- Leads in the creation of sales proposals and presentations and works with the referral source partner to coordinate the delivery of these presentations to prospects.
- Transitions a qualified prospect or new client to a client executive and supports the client executive in implementation of new business deals and transitions client to account management status.
- Utilizes information sources internally and externally to gather appropriate data to properly position business to prospect.
- Develops sales strategies for increasing target market sales and manages the execution of these strategies.
- Generates additional revenue opportunities by introducing and leveraging other business products and services as appropriate.
- Incorporates and regularly practices techniques introduced through sales training to continuously enhance skills and related performance.
- Ensures that up-to-date prospective client information is maintained in the database.
- Ensures that all regulatory requirements are met and complies with all internal policies and procedures.
- Completes outbound follow up calls and makes cold calls.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of sales experience with expertise in the sale of Defined Benefit (DB), Defined Contribution (DC), and/or Health & Benefits (H&B) services to large and mid-market clients
- Proven insurance industry experience with individual and group insurance products.
- Experience in marketing products in a dual role of business-to-business as well as business to consumer preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate with multiple decision makers on complex sales.
- Demonstrated track record in consistently achieving aggressive sales objectives.
- Business development and negotiation skills with the ability to effectively originate new business, develop and leverage referral sources, and convert a cold lead into a qualified prospect.
- Ability to self-start and independently initiate new opportunities.
- Effective leadership qualities to guide a team of internal colleagues through the new business development cycle and ensure process integrity and timeliness in our response to prospects and clients.
- Ability to function in a highly structured sales management environment.
- Ability to assess financial attractiveness of new leads to ensure profitability.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively both independently and as a team-oriented leader in a high visibility client environment. Must be able to work independently but also lead in a highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and strong problem solving skills.
- Must demonstrate professional and ethical business practices, adherence to company standards, and a commitment to personal and professional development.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to communicate with colleagues, clients, and vendors.
- Ability to deliver highly technical information to less technical individuals.
- Proven time management skills to manage multiple priorities and deliver timely and accurate work.
- Must demonstrate strong active listening and follow-up skills.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Appropriate license must be obtained if necessary for the position.
Core competencies include:
- Communicating with Impact
- Planning and Organizing
- Professional/Technical Knowledge
- Life, health and ltc licenses, as required in the states where marketing and solicitation occurs, within 3 months of being hired.
Click here to apply directly